April 6, 2010

Easter and Bangs and Fingernails!

Again, it has been a long time since my last up date and for that I have to apologize. I don't even remember what I wrote in my last post. Maybe I should read my own blog sometime.

Anyway, it's spring vacation for Joe so we're trying to get the basement cleaned and organized. So far I have been stuck on my drawer full of keep sakes for 2 days. Man that stuff is hard to go through! Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to move on. We'd like to get the basement painted because we went and bought carpet that we would like to have installed sometime in the next century.

On Easter Sunday we got to do lots of fun things! We had an Easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Ribera's and we celebrated my birthday. Then my host family from Germany came to visit! They are such awesome people and it's been almost 10 years since I last saw all of them! Yup, that's a long time! Thankfully most of them speak English so they didn't have to suffer through my rusty German. It was so good to see them and catch up! Plus they brought me German chocolate. I mean really, what's not to like?

The kids are, of course, growing up way too fast. Elijah is in full 4 year old mode. He questions everything and tests all of his limits. He's getting so smart and nothing gets by him. This fall he will start preschool. I'm excited and anxious. But I know it will be so good for him! He's a ball full of energy. All of his jeans have holes in the knees so I gave in and bought him a new pair today. I guess he'll have LOTS of shorts come summer time. I posted some pictures of him and Hailey doing the yoga at the end of my workout routine.

Hailey is just plain funny. If I could video record her all day I would! She has some of the funniest mannerisms. I can't wait to hear what's going on in her head. She is constantly talking to herself or singing. She and Elijah play a game where they make the same sound back and forth to each other for as long as Joe and I will allow it. We also finally cut some bangs for her so she could see the world. They make her look more grown up. And I painted her fingernails the other day. I was painting my toenails and she was very interested, so I painted her nails. She loved it, but was a little impatient with the drying part. And I didn't have any really good little girl colors so she got blue fingernails. She didn't seem to mind.

Some SUPER good news to end my update with: Joe and I are going on a cruise in May!! WAHOO! I am so dang excited! We're going with some neighbors so we'll have friends to keep us company, because Joe and I might actually get bored with a week without kids. Wait, no we wouldn't... We're still excited to be going with our awesome friends!

Hope the rest of you are doing well and just as happy that spring is coming (even if it might not look like it at the time) as we are!







4 Comments:

Blogger painty (Melinda) said...

You finally posted! I LOVE the yoga pictures. Too cute! I'm glad we're friends.

April 7, 2010 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger The Borden Family said...

Yeah! So happy to see your cute faces. Where do you shop for your clothes?...you always look so put together. Hailey's bangs are adorable. How nice of your host family to come and visit. I guess you still keep in touch? Very cool.

April 7, 2010 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

So wonderful to see all your fun news! I love the kids working out. So adorable!!

April 11, 2010 at 8:22 PM  
Anonymous Erik said...

What a cute family! It was nice to see your new post. Hope you are doing well.

May 10, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home