February 25, 2009

I love you Elephant

So, last night Elijah decided that Joe was Elephant, I was Dinosaur and he was Crab. So from then until about halfway through today we were known by those names. "Good night, Dinosaur." Ah, he makes me laugh. Then all of the sudden today he came up to me and said, "Mommy, we're not animals." And we are no longer allowed to call each other by our animal names. Shucks. Every now and again he'll call us captain. So I'm Captain Mommy and then there's Captain Hailey. But we only get called by those names on very special occasions. The kid cracks me up.

We also took Elijah to the dentists today for his very first real live teeth cleaning. I was a little worried considering he has to sit on my lap just to get his hair cut and even then he will only agree to it when he has a sucker in each hand. So yes, I was nervous. Grandma Annie was nice enough to come with us and help out with the kids. I went back first and then when I came up to get Elijah he refused to go back and laid on the floor. I explained to him that the dentist had to take a look at his teeth to make sure they were clean and healthy so he could keep eating all of his favorite food. After that he calmly walked back with me. The assistant was so good with him. She told him what all the tools were for and even let him play with a couple. After that he was just fine with her cleaning and counting all of his teeth. It was a whole different story when the dentist wanted him to open up though. The dentist asked him nicely a couple of times and it was just not gonna happen. Then the dentist told him he would make a balloon animal for him if he would open his mouth. Elijah immediately opened up. I'm still amazed he was so calm. That boy is just getting way too big way too fast!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cunningham Clan said...

I still need to take Maddison to the dentist. I am curious to see how that ends up. Cute though on the naming of everyone.

February 27, 2009 at 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny how he calls you animal names. Dessie does that too sometimes. I was pretty flattered on the day she kept calling me mommy cow. Kids are so funny. I am impressed with how calm he was at the dentist--and with the thing on his tongue for the doctor. Brave kid.

April 17, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home