November 2, 2008

Halloween

I bought Elijah a dragon costume off of e-bay and Hailey was going to be a jack-o-lantern until I saw the cutest dang duck costume while I was visiting my sister in Star Valley. I had to buy it! On Monday the 27th we took the kids to the Pumpkin Walk which goes on in North Logan every Halloween. Different groups (schools, offices, whatever) from around the valley decorate pumpkins to go with a theme. They always have some really cool displays. Anyway, Jonathan's class from the charter school did a Nightmare Before Christmas display that I'll include a picture of. And at the end of the walk they have some fun paintings that you can stick your head into. Elijah had to do all of them, even if they were princesses. It was great fun and it wasn't too cold.

For trick-or-treating we took the kids with us to Grandma Annie's church out in Young Ward for some trunk-or-treat. It was so warm, the kids didn't even need jackets. Last year there was nothing we could do to make Elijah wear his costume so this year we told him he would get treats for wearing it and he put it on gladly. Hailey of course had no choice. After that we went over to Jonathan & Kristi's to check out their costumes and show off the kids. Then we had one more stop over at my parents house. By the time we got home both kids were exhausted. It took us forever to get Elijah to go to bed. He threw a fit because he wanted the dragon to go to bed with him. We finally gave in and we turned off the light and left. Ten minutes later I hear Elijah doing something upstairs so I went up, the light was on and the dragon was laying in the middle of the floor. Elijah looks up at me and says, "It's time for the dragon to go to sleep in the closet." Works for me.

Hope everyone else had a safe fun Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home